Todos los horarios son UTC + 1 hora [ DST ]

Nuevo tema Responder al tema  [ 17 mensajes ]  Ir a página Anterior  1, 2
Autor Mensaje
 Asunto: Re: Single 'Being Boring'
NotaPublicado: Sab Oct 29, 2011 7:10 pm 
Moderador
Moderador

vídeo2000 escribió:
http://entertainment.time.com/2011/10/24/the-all-time-100-songs/?iid=ent-main-feature#being-boring-pet-shop-boys

MUSIC
All-TIME 100 Songs
Our critics pick the most extraordinary English-language popular recordings since the beginning of TIME magazine in 1923. Here are 100 (unranked) songs of enduring beauty, power and inventiveness
1990S
‘Being Boring’
By JESSICA WINTER | October 24, 2011 |

Artist: Pet Shop Boys
Year Released: 1990

Neil Tennant has said (half-jokingly?) that this dance ballad was the duo’s attempt to mimic Stock Aitken Waterman, the writing team behind the peppy ’80s synth pop of Rick Astley, Kylie Minogue and Bananarama. That striving toward a hi-NRG higher ground, ingeniously paired with big harp flourishes and wah-wah guitar, may lend “Being Boring” some of its magic — creating a buoyant counterpoint (and complement) to its themes of loss, sorrow and memory. Written for a friend of Tennant’s who died of AIDS, the song has a classic three-act structure (’20s-inspired teen parties in northern England, starry-eyed arrival in ’70s London, backward glances at the turn of the ’90s), an air of wistful carpe diem (“I bolted through a closing door”) and a last verse that always catches in the throat: “I never dreamt that I would get to be/ The creature that I always meant to be/ But I thought in spite of dreams/ You’d be sitting somewhere here with me.”

No es para menos, es una gran canción y aunque en su momento supuso el 1º gran fracaso de PSB, el tiempo la ha puesto en su lugar.

Nuevo tema Responder al tema  [ 17 mensajes ]  Ir a página Anterior  1, 2

Todos los horarios son UTC + 1 hora [ DST ]